The Big Sur International Short Film Screening Series has been showcasing the best of short films from around the world since 2006.
2019 the Festival will take a year off. we will soon accept submissions for 2020. (sign up for news HERE)
The screenings are outdoors in our natural amphi-theatre, under the towering redwoods at the Henry Miller Memorial Library in Big Sur, California. This is one of the most beautiful venues in the world to view film.
We are interested in films that are bold and uncensored, films that invite us into your world, that will shock us, madden us, make us cry and laugh, films with moments that are especially lovely, serendipitous, interesting, candid or moving.
Big Sur International Short Film Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
- Film must be registered by APRIL 15, 2020.
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- Films best submitted via URL w/ password.
- We do not need you to send us any publicity material.
- Films should be under 40 minutes in length.
- Film selection will be made by the “Miller Shorts” Committee.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email when submission is received.
If you prefer you can send a hardcopy (dvd, zip etc) in the mail to:
Henry Miller Memorial Library Shorts
PO Box 25
Big Sur CA 93920